Tuesday 16 March 2010

Poor Bloggie

I feel that I've let the blog down, I've been ever so busy with other stuffs that the blog has fallen to the way side. For nearly a year and a half. Ooops.

Also, I've been trying hard not buy books. Not at least until I finish the growing case of books I had.

I downloaded the brilliant 1001 spreadsheet and have now filled it out so it looks nice and shiny. Since I haven't done an update in a while I'll do a new list. And an old list. See, back in 2008 a second edition of the book was done and a whole host of books were removed to make way for new ones so here we go:

The current list:

The Sea- John Banville
Cloud Atlas- David Mitchell
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time- Mark Haddon
Atonement- Ian McEwan
White Teeth- Zadie Smith
The Virgin Suicides- Jeffrey Eugenides
The Wasp Factory- Iain Banks
The Color Purple- Alice Walker
The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie- Muriel Sparks
To Kill a Mockingbird- Harper Lee
The Catcher in the Rye- J.D. Salinger
Brideshead Revisited- Evelyn Waugh
Animal Farm- George Orwell
Rebecca- Daphne du Maurier
The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn- Mark Twain
Great Expectations- Charles Dickens
Pride and Prejudice- Jane Austen

The Removed Books:

Never Let Me Go- Kazuo Ishiguro
Amsterdam- Ian McEwan
Memoirs of a Geisha- Arthur Golden
Persuasion- Jane Austen


21 in total so we're going along at a snails pace, but I see the weather picking up which is when my reading picks up again. It's nice to be able to walk to work whilst reading a book, something I can't do in the wind, rain, or snow.

I've got Tess of the d'Urbervilles in my bag so that's next up. Hopefully, I can post again soon with a review.

No comments: